[Rarebooks] FS: Graydon's JUSTICES AND CONSTABLES ASSISTANT, 1819

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Tue Sep 26 12:02:21 EDT 2006

 From our recent internet-only End of Summer Catalogue containing 140 items in a
variety of fields including scarce Americana and Law, unusual Baseball and other
Sporting items, and uncommon Modern First Editions. View it here:
http://www.erols.com/agvent
Our next catalogue, due next week, will feature an outstanding collection of
Tennessee Williams as well as a smaller collection of Eudora Welty.

GRAYDON,  William. THE JUSTICES AND CONSTABLES ASSISTANT.  BEING A
GENERAL  COLLECTION  OF  FORMS OF PRACTICE.... Harrisburgh,  PA:  John
Wyeth 1819. ...INTERSPERSED WITH VARIOUS OBSERVATIONS AND DIRECTIONS--
TOGETHER  WITH A NUMBER OF ADJUDGED CASES, RELATIVE TO THE OFFICES  OF
JUSTICE  OF  THE  PEACE AND CONSTABLE. Thick  octavo  in  contemporary
sheep with a gilt-lettered burgundy morocco spine label and a smaller,
later  label at the base of the spine; [4 (blank)], 487, [1  (blank)],
[8  (index)], [4 (blank)] pages. Shaw & Shoemaker 48110. Small chip to
head  of spine; some wear to corners. First two endpapers with various
owner  names, mostly early to mid-nineteenth century. Moderate  foxing
and some staining. Very Good                                   $150.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $8.00 for the first book, $4.00 each thereafter.  Overseas

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent