[Rarebooks] FS: Specimens of wood type

Isabel's Books mclcbooks at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 01:01:18 EDT 2007

For Sale:

Horn, John. SPECIMENS OF WOOD TYPE HELD AT SHOOTING STAR PRESS, THE PRIVATE PRESS OF JOHN HORN. Little Rock: Shooting Star Press, 2001-2003. Large box (19x13 inches) with colorful title label pasted on. Contains samples of type printed on fifty poster-size sheets. “Begun in 2001 primarily as a scheme to show off a few of the strange and unusual wood type fonts here at the Shooting Star Press, the project has now become a multi-year endeavor to display almost all of the styles of wood type in this office. All specimens were printed directly from the original wood type.” Printed on a hand-cranked Vandercock Universal I Press. Issued in two parts: the first 32 posters were issued in 2002 with a prospectus and a pamphlet describing the contents; the second 28 were issued in 2003 with a prospectus. Laid in is a signed letter to a customer and eight additional pieces of ephemera printed by the press. Fine. $300.00 postpaid.

Terms of sale:  All items are offered subject to prior sale.  Quoted shipping is media rate in the United States. For other methods of shipping, contact me for a price.  I accept payment by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express), check, money order, or Paypal.  I will bill libraries. All items may be returned for any reason within 10 days of receipt.  If you do choose to return something, please pack it carefully and notify me before shipping.

Michael

Michael Levine-Clark
Isabel's Books
mclcbooks at yahoo.com
http://www.isabelsbooks.com

Member, Independent Online Booksellers' Association (IOBA)
http://www.ioba.org