[Rarebooks] fs: History of Incandescent Lamp, 1927

Back Creek Books rock at backcreekbooks.com
Sat Aug 4 12:08:49 EDT 2007

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 9477 )  Howell, John W. and Henry Schroeder. HISTORY OF THE
INCANDESCENT LAMP.
Schenectady, NY: Maqua Company, Publishers, 1927. First printing, Original
cloth, Duodecimo, 208 pages, black and white photographs, diagrams. Very
good.
      Key book on Thomas Edison's invention of the light bulb. Opens with a
review of the history of electricity and electric light from 1600 to the
late 1870s, followed by a detailed account of Edison's efforts in this area
between 1879 and the 1920s. Numerous illustrations of old lamps and other
items make this a valuable resource for collectors. Bound in dark green
cloth over boards with spine and upper board titled in gilt. Spine slightly
darkened, minor wear at extremities, 1927 gift inscription from Robert P.
Parrott to Clayton R. Denmark on front free endpaper otherwise clean and
sound.    $50.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/9477.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $5.00 for the first book, $1.25 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php