[Rarebooks] fs: Clancy. Red October, 1st, Signed, dj

Back Creek Books rock at backcreekbooks.com
Wed Aug 8 14:02:29 EDT 2007

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 9528 )  Clancy, Tom. THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER (FIRST PRINTING, SIGNED).
Annapolis: Naval Institute Press, (1984). First printing, Full cloth,
Octavo, [vi], 387 pages. Very Good in a Very Good Dust Jacket, Jacket in
Mylar protector.
      CIA analyst Jack Ryan makes his debut, playing a hunch that Soviet
submarine captain Marko Ramius is trying to defect with his navy's new
silently-propelled ballistic-missile sub. Clancy's first book, INSCRIBED and
SIGNED by him on half title page. Definitely a Cold War fiction high spot.
We're not one of those booksellers who plays around calling 13th printings
"First editions." This is an actual first printing of the actual first
edition with all the points as called for in various references (correct
number of lines on copyright page, correct number of reviews in proper order
on rear jacket panel, no jacket price, proper weight, etc.) Bound in brick
red cloth over boards with silver stamped spine lettering and blind stamped
submarine with hammer and sickle to upper board, spine lettered in silver
foil, ISBN in silver foil on lower board, gray endpapers. Shallow rubs at
spine ends and a small cluster of faint brown specks on fore edge of
textblock. Jacket has some shallow edge wrinkles and light rubs.    $750.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/9528.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $5.00 for the first book, $1.25 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php