[Rarebooks] Drury Dru. Illustrations of Exotic Entomology

Edward Ripley-Duggan erd at wilsey.net
Mon Aug 13 15:58:05 EDT 2007

We offer the following. The price includes discount. This is a
consigned item from a private collector.

Dru, Drury. [Illustrations of Exotic Entomology]--no title present,
as this is the atlas volume. Bohn, London, 1837. Second edition
(first published as Illustrations of Natural History. L,
1770-82).  The second edition lacks the dating found on the plates of
the first edition, but is exquisitely hand-colored. Large quarto,
with 1 uncolored and 150 hand-colored plates, complete (in the matter
of plates). There was text by J.O. Westwood, prepared for the Bohn
edition, which is lacking here. Spine of binding stripped, boards
bumped, internally generally in very good condition, with no foxing.
This work has become uncommon in both editions. No copies online. A
desirable work, uncommonly met with.

$5750.00

If interested, please e-mail (if we don't respond, please call, as we
have had several orders disappear into the aether over the past
year). 845 657 7057

Wilsey Rare Books
                           Reply to: erd at wilsey.net
                        WILSEY RARE BOOKS, MEMBER ABAA
                             http://www.wilsey.net
                  Phone: (845) 657-7057      Fax: (845) 657-2366