[Rarebooks] Bibliographic inquiry

20 Ants archetype at 20ants.com
Sun Feb 18 23:21:38 EST 2007

Friends,

Looking for a bit of bibliographic info: interested in finding out
the number of copies, press run, whatever for the 32mo miniature of
"Six Fairy Tales From the Brothers Grimm With Original Etchings by
David Hockney".

This is not one of the 4 folio letterpress editions of 100 each, but
a miniature with no stated limitation. Published by Petersburg Press,
London, 1970, but printed by Oxford University Press UK. The
miniature seems to have only one edition and printing. Has no
statement of edition, as it's printed from reduced photoplates of the
letterpress editions.

I thought that OUP itself might have a relevant bibliography, but the
prices of their bibliographies are really up there and I'm not taking
a $450 USD chance that they think fairy tales and Hockney qualify as
British literature.

Would there be a bibligraphy of OUP itself?

Thanks in advance for services rendered. -Michael Watson

20 Ants
5709 Broadway St. Indianapolis IN 46220-2569
http://www.20ants.com
   books, individually and in lots. Specializing in fine press and non-fiction.
   Member of Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA)
http://www.ioba.org
   Offering a safe bookbuying experience at
http://www.iobabooks.com/browse_books.php?id=47132