[Rarebooks] FS: A Beckett Metamorphosis - Alan Flood.

Mike Kemp mike at kempbooksellers.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 05:13:51 EST 2007

I can offer:

FLOOD, Alan illustrates A Becket Metamorphosis;

A Set of Six Original Drypoints of the Dramatist and Novelist Samuel Beckett.

Sheeran Lock Fine Art Editions, 1992.    [24616]

6 mounted drypoints, each image impression approx 200 x 155 mm

in a card mount [matt] 435 x 375 mm, with accompanying  page of

notes by the artist, the whole enclosed in a cloth covered solander.

This edition is limited to 14 sets which are numbered 1 - 14,

this set number 6. There were in addition six sets, accompanied by

one of the drypoint plates, lettered A-F.

Each print is numbered, titled and signed by the artist.

                                                             GBP 1,500

“A Beckett Metamorphosis was inspired by a photograph

I had seen of Beckett’s face. The series I produced came

about as a direct emotional response to the power and

intensity of the image... My principal concern with the

series was a formal one. Beckett’s face exerts an

extraordinary iconis hold on the spectator. I was interested

in conveying this strength, to root the attention of

the viewer on the face and allow the imagination freedom

to lose itself in a suggestive metamorphosis.” from the artist’s

notes.

Details on the artist can be found at www.alanflood.co.uk

SHIPPING EXTRA

Mike Kemp

Michael S. Kemp - Bookseller  established 1979
The Barn, Barrow Nook Hall,
Sineacre Lane, Bickerstaffe,
Lancashire LA39 0HR

telephone: +44 (0) 1695 559050