[Rarebooks] FS: Pollard Series: Books about Books

Clare Murphy payson at oldbooks.com
Wed Jan 17 14:41:45 EST 2007

POLLARD, ALFRED. W.  BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS SERIES. 6 TITLES. ALL FIRSTS.
London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner & Co., Ltd, 1893-94. First
edition. Matching 3/4 red crushed levant morocco with marbled boards,
raised bands, gilt decorations to spine compartments, lovely yellow,
red and blue marbled end papers and t.e.p. by Young and Sons,
Liverpool. 8vo. Near fine. All are first editions, gathered together
and published under the auspices of Alfred W. Pollard as the series
called "Books about Books". The following are included: Horne,
Herbert P. The Binding of Books, Hardy, W. J. Book-Plates, Pollard,
Alfred W. Early Illustrated Books, Duff, E. Gordon. Early Printed
Books, Madan, Falconer. Books in Manuscript, Elton, C. and M. The
Great Book-Collectors.  $725.00

--

Clare Murphy
Payson Hall Books

(617) 924-8484

payson at oldbooks.com

http://www.oldbooks.com

7 day return with notice, if not as described. 5 day hold. We accept
Paypal, money orders, cashier checks. We accept personal checks from
bookdealers and known customers.