[Rarebooks] FS: LEC THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Fri Jan 19 10:29:59 EST 2007

 From our 2007 LIMITED EDITIONS CLUB Catalogue containing 81 new
acquisitions which is now posted on our web site:
http://www.erols.com/agvent
We have nearly every single LEC published in stock, many but not all
catalogued on our web site.  Most can be found by using our Search
Engine and typing LEC in the "Any Word" category.  If it's not there,
feel free to inquire as we also have many books yet to be catalogued,
including a collection we just acquired this month.  We also have many
individual LEC letters available at $15 each.

COOPER,  James  Fenimore.  THE LAST OF  THE  MOHICANS.  New  York:
Limited  Editions  Club 1932. Quarto (7-1/2" x 10-5/8") bound in  half
buckskin,  blindstamped,  with  marbled paper sides.  Introduction  by
Edward  Everett Hale. Designed by Will Ransom. Illustrated with  color
drawings  by  Edward  Wilson. Copy #743 of 1500 SIGNED by  Wilson.  An
unusual  binding,  rarely  seen  on a book and usually  used  to  make
gloves,  the  buckskin is very susceptible to wear and scratching  and
is  seldom  found in such nice condition as here. The  glassine,  also
rarely  present, has a chip at the top of the spine. Fine in  glassine
and slipcase. Scarce in this condition.                        $350.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $10.00.  Overseas postage billed at

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent