[Rarebooks] baseball item #16 from the Norman Kane collection (FS)

Peter B. Howard pbhoward at serendipitybooks.com
Sun Jul 15 14:15:38 EDT 2007

Thomson (Bobby) – second baseman, New York Giants.  Typed letter signed.
“Hi Neal, You asked about what I was thinking when I hit ‘the shot heard
‘round the world.’ My one thought was to not get over anxious. Keep the
weight back. Wait and watch the ball. I was totally determined to give
myself a chance to hit­which means­don’t get over anxious. I had been
hitting well­and was able to hit the ball. That’s about it.  [and in
holograph:] “Good luck Neal / Keep your eye on the ball / Bobby Thomson.”

             With invoice to Norman Kane from Brian Shine, July 14,
1999.  Terms: “Advance pay”.  $100.00

Peter B. Howard
Serendipity Books
1201 University Avenue