[Rarebooks] FS: Signed Booker T. Washington: TUSKEGEE AND ITS PEOPLE

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Tue Jul 24 12:36:21 EDT 2007

WASHINGTON, Booker T TUSKEGEE AND ITS PEOPLE
Appleton New York 1910.  First published in 1905, this is the fifth
printing of this history of the Tuskegee Institute by its founder and
first president.  Illustrated with plates.  This copy, SIGNED on the
front endpaper by the author in 1912, is from a library with its
bookplate on the front pastedown, and ink number and minor sleeve
remnant on the rear pastedown, and a number in white on the spine.
There are no other markings.  The front hinge is cracked but secure and
the spine is sunned, though the gilt is still strong.  Still a Very Good
copy and quite uncommon when signed.          $1000.00
--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $9.00 for the first book, $5.00 each
thereafter.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania
residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express and
Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for
any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior
notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a
diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century
Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and Limited Editions Club
books.  We are celebrating our 20th year of business and are proud to be
members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and
the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) as well as
the Manuscript Society and the Universal Autograph Collectors Club
(UACC).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.
Thank you.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com