[Rarebooks] fs: Sheridan's Troopers, Indian wars

Back Creek Books rock at backcreekbooks.com
Tue Jul 31 10:36:38 EDT 2007

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 7758 )  Keim, De B[enneville]. Randolph (1841-1914). SHERIDAN'S
TROOPERS ON THE BORDERS: A WINTER CAMPAIGN ON THE PLAINS.
Philadelphia: David Mckay, 1889. Early printing, Full cloth, Duodecimo,
[ii], 308 pages, engraved plates. Fine.
      An excellent first hand account of Sheridan's 1868 expedition against
the Plains Indians on the Republican, the Arkansas, and the Washita Rivers.
Keim was a correspondent for the New York Herald on the expedition and gives
much information on the soldier's life on the plains. See DAWSON #842; GRAFF
#2283; HOWES #K31; SABIN #37172. Bound in emerald-green cloth over boards
with black and gilt stamped lettering and decorations to spine and upper
board. Light rubs to extremities, some faint foxing to endpapers and first
and last couple of leaves. Prior owner name stamp on verso of frontispiece.
Handsome copy. No hinge cracks.    $125.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/7758.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $5.00 for the first book, $1.25 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php