[Rarebooks] fs: Normandie: Queen of the Seas

Back Creek Books rock at backcreekbooks.com
Tue Jun 19 10:47:08 EDT 2007

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 9547 )  Foucart, Bruno; Charles Offrey; François Robichon; Claude
Villiers. NORMANDIE: QUEEN OF THE SEAS.
New York: Vendome Press, (1985). First American edition, Full cloth, Folio,
207 pages, color and black & white photographs, illustrations. Very Good in
a Very Good Dust Jacket, Jacket in Mylar protector.
      A lavishly illustrated celebration of the glorious age of
transatlantic travel aboard one of the most luxurious liners ever to sail.
The Normandie fell victim to a mysterious fire and was gutted as she lay
berthed in New York Harbor during World War II. The question of whether she
was sabotaged by German spies is explored here, as is the rest of her
history. Spectacular book. A note from the publisher asking for a review by
the U. S. Naval Institute is laid in. Bound in dark blue cloth over boards
with gilt-stamped spine and upper board titles. Shallow bumps at
extremities, some faint foxing to top edge of textblock. Jacket has some
shallow edge wrinkles and a few short, closed edge tears.    $175.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/9547.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php