[Rarebooks] Barnes & Noble to run IU bookstores

Michael Watson archetype at 20ants.com
Sun May 6 21:36:50 EDT 2007

Barnes & Noble to run IU bookstores

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070506/LOCAL/70506004

I'm sorry folks, but my gut reaction is that this is shameful. B&N
will immediately pay $5.5 million for the right to make what I expect
to be an immense amount of profit from their ability to beat the
publishers down on wholesale pricing and the students' difficulty in
finding competitive product and pricing. Another example of an
institution ceding control of their destiny: doesn't matter how they
rationalize or spin it.

-Michael

20 Ants
5709 Broadway St. Indianapolis IN 46220-2569
http://www.20ants.com
   books, individually and in lots. Specializing in fine press and non-fiction.
   Member of Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA)
http://www.ioba.org
   Offering a safe bookbuying experience at
http://www.iobabooks.com/browse_books.php?id=47132