[Rarebooks] OFFER: RARE LEFT WING UKRAINIAN PERIODICAL PUBLISHED IN NEW YORK CITY

Laderman zita at speakeasy.net
Fri May 25 18:39:08 EDT 2007

MOLOT; SATYRYCHNO-hUMOTYSTCHNA ILIUSTROVANA CHASOPYS.[Hammer a
satiric-humorous illustrated Bi-Weekly] Vol. I- Vol. II,[of 4]  Vol.
I 1919, Sept. 15-Dec. 15.  Vol II  1920, Jan 1-Dec 15.1920.[lacking
no issues from Volumes I and II. New York. Ukrainian American
periodical of political satire. It was also anti-clerical and
pro-Russian Communist. It is filled with political caricatures and
satiric political writing. The villains are identified as
capitalists, colonialists, profiteers, militarists.  The NYPL has a
microfilmed copy lacking some of the issues present here, Viz Vol I,
1-4; Vol II, 12, 21. Original stout black cloth. Most issues are
browned, but not brittle. Some issues are pure white. OCLC notes: The
University of Illinois in Champagne - Urbana has the whole 5 volume
run. Harvard has volumes 1-4. There are no other holdings. Flaw
noted, VG. $750.00

ZITA BOOKS / 760 West End Ave., 3E / NEW YORK, N.Y. 10025
telephone: 212-866-4715  email:zita at speakeasy.net
NET PAGE AT:

http://www.antiqbook.com/zitabooks/

Carriage billed at cost. Payment in US dollar check or bank transfer required.
Credit cards accepted for payment through paypal. The usual trade discounts
offered. Institutions billed, and all items shipped,
invoiced.  Insured postage is
charged at cost.   Prices here quoted take precedence over any earlier listing.