[Rarebooks] FA: 1632 Jacob Boehme. XL quaestionibus... Ending in a few hours.

Michael John Thompson mjt at mjtbooks.com
Wed Sep 19 15:29:58 EDT 2007

Ending in just a few hours:

BOEHME, Jacob. WERDENHAGEN, Johan Angelius.

[Psychologia] vera I.B.T. : XL quaestionibus explicata et rerum
publicarum vero regimini ac earum maiestatico iuri applicata.

Amstelodami : Apud Iohann. Ianssonium, ao. 1632. [Amsterdam: John
Jansson. 1632].

First Latin Edition.

Small octavo [16mo size, 110 x 55 mm], contemporary vellum,
hand-titled on spine. Werdenhagen's translation of Boehme's Viertzig
Fragen von der Seelen Urstand, Essentz, Wesen, Natur und Eigenschafft
: was sie von Ewigkeit in Ewigkeit sey?, first published in German,
1620 [The English title was XL. Questions Concerning the Soule,
1665]. Engraved t.p., illustrated with one large folding plate.
Collation: a-f8, A-Qq8. Pagination: [96], 621, [3] p. (the last 3 p.
blank). The 1st word of the title is engraved in Greek characters.
"I.B.T." stands for "Iacobi Behm, Teutonici." Vellum somewhat
darkened and soiled, mild dampstain affecting upper page edges and
margins of last few leaves, 18th century bookplate on front-paste-dow
and secondary ownership blindstamp & inkstamp of C.A. Muses on front
free endpaper. Very good solid copy. A note in pen in an ancient hand
on the blank preceding the title leaf states "Libellus rarus" and
attributes the "I.B.T." as "Jacobum Boehmium Teutonicum".

A very nice copy of a great rarity.

$499.00, no reserve, one bid:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130153154232

---