[Rarebooks] FS: Frederic Remington's copy

About Books shop at aboutbks.com
Thu Aug 7 14:53:24 EDT 2008

We can offer:

Miles, General Nelson A.  PERSONAL RECOLLECTIONS AND OBSERVATIONS OF
GENERAL NELSON A. MILES  Embracing a Brief View of the Civil War or From
New England to the Golden Gate and the Story of his Indian Campaigns with
Comments on the Exploration, Development and Progress of Our Great Western
Empire.  Chicago: The Werner Company, 1896.  Royal
8vo.  viii+591pp.  Copiously Illustrated with Graphic Pictures by Frederic
Remington and Other Eminent Artists.  Photo portrait frontis.  3/4 leather
over blue pebble cloth.  Hinges tender but still a sound copy.  Spine worn
and rubbed with chipping to spine tips and a four inch vertical tear at
head.  Remington's printed book plate on front pastedown.  As well this
book has Ogdenburg Public Library stamped on front free endpaper which was
the town where Remington spent his youth.  This book was probably donated
to the public library.  Library pocket removed from rear endpaper causing
some damage, number on foot of spine.  Picture of Chief Joseph of the Nez
Perce taped to page 261.  For all it's faults a nice clean association
copy.  $300.00

Terms: Payment should accompany order. Price includes surface shipment in
North America. Shipment to a Canadian address will have 5% GST added. We
accept cheques in US or Cdn dollars, UK sterling or Euros. We accept Visa,
Amex,
Mastercard and Diners Club credit cards. Books may be returned within 5 days
of receipt with prior notification. Usual terms to the trade

ABOUT BOOKS.
542 Third Avenue East,  Owen Sound, Ont. N4K 2J8.  Canada
Phone (519) 371-2100, Toll free in North America: 1-888-945-5531.
Fax is available on request.
Website:  www.aboutbks.com  Lists updated weekly.
  We specialize in History, Natural Sciences, Gardening and interesting
books of all sorts.
Member: ABAC - International League of Antiquarian Booksellers.
Search their database for the books you need.   Buy from the professionals.
www.ilab.org