[Rarebooks] FS: FDR Presidential Address, 1/50 copies, this INSCRIBED by the President to his son, FDR, Jr.

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Thu Aug 28 10:33:06 EDT 2008

One of many fine Eleanor, Franklin, and Theodore Roosevelt items on our
website, many unique:  http://www.erols.com/agvent

ROOSEVELT, Franklin Delano. ADDRESS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED
STATES  IN  THE  HOUSE  OF REPRESENTATIVES  DELIVERED  MAY  22,  1935.
Inscribed  to  FDR, Jr.  Washington: Government Printing Office  1935.
First  Edition.  VETO MESSAGE ON THE ADJUSTED COMPENSATION ACT,  1935.
Original  blue cloth with gilt lettering and the Presidential Seal  in
gilt  on  the front cover; [2], 11 pages.  Franklin Roosevelt's  first
Christmas book, issued in an edition of only 50 copies.  SIGNED by the
author  at  the conclusion of the text. On the front endpaper  is  the
following INSCRIPTION in Roosevelt's hand:  "For Franklin D. Roosevelt
Jr./with love from Father" and below that also in FDR's hand:  "One of
50 copies."   While never achieving the renown of his father, Franklin
D.  Roosevelt, Jr. was a successful congressman (1949-1954) who  twice
ran  for  governor  of New York and who was a close friend  and  early
backer  of John F. Kennedy.  He later became a successful businessman.
Obviously  a  very scarce book on the market, this is  an  Association
Copy of the highest order.  Some mild foxing to the endpapers and  the
title page, not affecting the inscription.  Very Good       $50,000.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $9.00 for the first book, $5.00 each

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent