[Rarebooks] Signed Caharles A. Lindberg

Austin's Antiquarian Book mail at austinsbooks.com
Wed Feb 20 13:26:52 EST 2008

For your consideration,
Lindbergh, Anne Morrow. NORTH TO THE ORIENT. New York: Harcourt,
Brace and Company. (1935). Stated first edition. Octavo, blue cloth
with silver airplane at center of front board. 255pp. with appendix.
Illustrated. Frontispiece. Nineteen maps at chapter heads and
endpaper maps by Charles A. Lindbergh. Corners bumped, spine
lettering a bit faded in "North", otherwise very good.

This copy is inscribed on the half title by both Anne Morrow and
Charles A. Lindbergh in their two distinct hands, to Mr Lionbergen,
of the Missouri Historical Society and dated May 1936. There is an
accompanying period photograph of Charles & Anne with two other women
at the Historical Society. On the verso of that photo is a note
initialed by the recipient identifying all the people pictured and
another note in a different hand, "Later I met Co. L. He was one of
the most charming men I have known - said "not my first flight but my
marriage was the achievement of wh(ich) I am most proud". Photo dated
April 22, 1933. Photo measures 3 7/8" x 4 7/8".

$1000.00 net. Postpaid

Austin's Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730
Wilmington VT 05363