[Rarebooks] free reading books

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Mon Nov 10 17:15:35 EST 2008

These books are free for the asking. Nothing great (I hope) but maybe things that folks may want to read, or at least look at.  Don't be bashful, just ask.  If this gets some response, I will list more. If you don't hear from me right away, then the book is gone.   Norman

ASHLEY.  HISTORY OF THE SCIENCE FICTION MAGAZINE. VOL ONE 1926-35.  Wraps
BROOKS. THE DREAM OF ARCADIA.  First.
THE VIGIL OF VENUS.  Cheshire House 1931. 1/895. Thin 4to
SPILLER.  LITERARY HIST. OF US. The bibliography volume. Light wear
WELCH. KILLING CUSTER. 1st in d.w.
CLAIR. A CHRONOLOGY OF PRINTING. 4to, in d.w.
HOLLOWAY. FRENCH ROCOCO BOOK ILLUSTRATION.  4to in d.w.
THE ROSENWALD COLLECTION. Wash., 1954.  4to
BOND.  HANDY-BOOK OF RULES AND TABLES  FOR VERIFYING DATES WITH THE
      CHRISTIAN ERA ... London, 1889.  v.g.  Rather interesting, arcane data
LOCKE.  SCIENCE FICTION FIRST EDITIONS.  Wraps (1978) George was a pioneer in this field and his notes are VERY extensive
BAILEY. PILGRIMS THROUGH SPACE AND TIME.  (1947)
CAPOTE.  IN COLD BLOOD.   First trade in v.g. d.w.
GONZALEZ-CRUZ.  PABLO NERUDA, VALLEJO, LORCA. MICROCOSMOS POETICOS.
       Wraps, 1st
2 SCI-FI/FANTASY REFS.  Wraps
BOND.  TO JAMES BOND WITH LOVE.  The REAL James Bond, whose name was stolen.
      1st, in d.w.

that's all for now.

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA),
113 Creeks Edge, Chapel Hill, NC USA 27516-8962
Telephone: 919-967-9287 email: nkane at kanebooks.com.
Proprietor: Norman Kane (50 years as an antiquarian bookseller.)