[Rarebooks] FS: "More Papers Hand Made by John Mason" NY: Chiswick Book Shop. 1966

Karmbooks at aol.com Karmbooks at aol.com
Thu Oct 23 12:23:34 EDT 2008

(PAPERMAKING) Mason, John. MORE PAPERS HAND MADE BY JOHN MASON. New York:
Chiswick Book Shop. 1966. 4to. Unpaginated (approx. 85 leaves) including 35
hand-made illustrated paper samples printed in various colors on rectos only, each
sample preceded by a numbered blank leaf. Title page is printed in gold. This
copy, signed by John Mason and dated 12 September 1966, is #25 of a limited
edition (limitation not stated) and is a “special copy” that contains a 36th
paper sample, “a unique original ‘Thread Picture’” made by Rigby Graham.
Vellum-like boards stamped in gilt and housed in a gilt stamped, fine paper
chemise. An immaculately fine copy.     $500.00 (trade discount allowed)
John Mason explained, “This is a collection of Sheets of Paper which I made
by hand, at my small Twelve by Eight Mill in Leicester, from fibres reduced
from a variety of plants and fabrics. These papers I had printed by a number of
outstanding craftsmen and at various Printing Schools in England.” One of the
paper samples contains a watermark portrait of John Mason.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com