[Rarebooks] FS: Scarce, Early Anthology of Romantic Poetry, 1799/1800

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Fri Oct 24 11:24:50 EDT 2008

 From our new Internet-only Catalogue--19th Century British Literature
with 141 select items-—now posted on our website:
http://www.erols.com/agvent

Included are letters, manuscripts, association copies, and signed books
by Browning, Byron, Carlyle, Coleridge, De Quincey, Hardy, Rossetti,
Ruskin, Shelley, Wordsworth, and others, as well as first editions by
the above and many others.  Most of the items are brand new to our
inventory and not offered previously.

(BYRON,  Lord);  (COLERIDGE, Samuel  Taylor);  [SOUTHEY,  Robert -
editor]  et.  al. THE ANNUAL ANTHOLOGY in two volumes. Bristol:  Biggs
and  Co.  1799 & 1800. First Edition. Two volumes (4" x 6-1/2")  bound
in  recent  half  brown morocco with matching  corners  retaining  the
original  marbled  boards,  all edges marbled. Leaf B8  (pages  31-32)
lacking  in first volume, as usual; C3 in second volume in uncancelled
state,  with  word "wicked" present on page 37, line 9. [Tinker  1953;
Wise,  Coleridge, 15]. Contributions by Samuel T. Coleridge (27 poems,
some  previously  unpublished), Poet Laureate Robert Southey,  Charles
Lamb,  Robert  Lovell, Humphry Davy, Amelia Opie, and others. A  third
volume  was advertised but never published. A remarkable and important
collection   of  early  Romantic  poetry,   here  in  unusually   nice
condition. Near Fine, handsomely bound.                       $2500.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $15.00.  Overseas postage billed at

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent