[Rarebooks] fs: John Wilkes Booth home, Maryland

Back Creek Books rock at backcreekbooks.com
Sat Apr 11 08:26:58 EDT 2009

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 3496 )  Mahoney, Ella V. SKETCHES OF TUDOR HALL AND THE BOOTH FAMILY.
Bel Air: Privately Printed, 1925. First printing, Full cloth, Duodecimo, 59
pages, Black & White photographs. Near Fine.
      The author's husband purchased Tudor Hall in 1878 from Mary Ann
Booth--wife of Junius Brutus Booth and matriarch of the famous acting
family. Mrs. Mahoney's father and John Wilkes Booth were boyhood companions.
There are brief sketches of Junius Brutus Booth and Edwin Booth, and
interesting information about the house and its history. Much of the book
concerns John Wilkes Booth and events surrounding the Lincoln assassination.
Includes such chapters as "The Identification of John Wilkes Booth" (after
he was killed in Virginia)," "The Enid Myth" (in which Booth escapes,
committing suicide in 1903 in Oklahoma), and "The search for Booth at Tudor
Hall after the Assassination of Lincoln." MONAGHAN #2796. Bound in dark
green cloth over boards with upper board lettered in gilt. Mild rubs to
extremities, some spotting to fore edge of textblock. Hinges sound, no prior
ownership marks....... $150.00
- Photo(s), secure ordering:
http://www.tomfolio.com/mall/backcreekbooks/bookdetails.asp?book=3496

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $5.00 for the first book, $1.25 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php