[Rarebooks] fs: Morison. Maritime History of Massachusetts, #220/385.

Back Creek Books rock at backcreekbooks.com
Tue Feb 3 11:05:25 EST 2009

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 9809 )  Morison, Samuel Eliot (1887-1976). THE MARITIME HISTORY OF
MASSACHUSETTS, 1783-1860.
Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1921. Limited edition, Quarter cloth, tall
octavo, xviii, 401 pages, Color frontispiece, black & white plates, maps.
Very good.
      The Large Paper edition limited to 385 copies, of which this is #220.
A classic of maritime history. Morison is known for his solid scholarship
and readable presentation. The book is arranged topically, and covers
various aspects ashore as well as the many distant commerce activities of
Massachusetts as a sea power. See ALBION, p. 137 (starred item). Bound in
blue paper over boards with black cloth spine, engraved paper title label on
upper board, spine titled in gilt, all edge left rough-trimmed.
Tissue-guarded tipped in color frontispiece titled "Shipping at Boston
Wharves in 1832." Boards show bumps and wear at fore corners, a couple of
shallow chips along bottom edges, spine ends mildly rubbed. Prior owner
bookplate on front pastedown. Endpapers slightly browned. Hinges sound.
$125.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/9809.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $5.00 for the first book, $1.25 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php