[Rarebooks] fs: Shutes. Lincoln's Emotional Life

Back Creek Books rock at backcreekbooks.com
Sat Feb 14 09:51:51 EST 2009

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 9556 )  Shutes, Milton H. LINCOLN'S EMOTIONAL LIFE.
Philadelphia: Dorrance & Company, (1957). First printing, Full cloth,
Duodecimo, vi, [vii-viii], 9-222 pages, Black & white frontispiece
photograph. Very good in a very good dust jacket, Jacket in Mylar protector.
      Uncommon study of Lincoln's psychosomatic life which explores the
connection of his temperamental pattern to his heredity, environment, and
possibly even his physique. Sheds light on his "unwell" periods. A
supplementary chapter gathers detailed information on what we know about
Lincoln's physical form. Bound in red cloth over boards with spine and upper
board titled in gilt. Minor rubs and shallow bumps to spine ends and fore
corners. Jacket has as few short edge tears, shallow chipping at head and
heel of spine and fore corners, some rubbed wrinkles at extremities, and
some overall light rubs. An attractive copy of this scarce book.    $150.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/9556.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $5.00 for the first book, $1.25 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php