[Rarebooks] FS: HIROSHIMA with 8 Original Silkscreens by Jacob Lawrence

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Thu Feb 19 12:35:52 EST 2009

(LAWRENCE,  Jacob)  HERSEY,  John. HIROSHIMA.  New  York:  Limited
Editions  Club  1983.  Large octavo (9-1/2" x 12-1/4") bound  in  full
coal-black  aniline  cowhide. With a poem by Robert Penn  Warren  that
serves  as  the preface. Illustrated with EIGHT  ORIGINAL  SILKSCREENS
executed  in eleven colors by the noted African-American artist  Jacob
Lawrence,  now  deceased. Copy #37 of 1500 SIGNED by  Hersey,  Warren,
and  Lawrence.  A starkly beautiful book, richly bound and with  three
important  signatures,  justly one of the most desirable books  issued
by  this long-lived, prestigious press. Monthly Letter and Note on the
care  of the book laid in. Several scratches to the leather, difficult
to avoid with this binding. About Fine in slipcase.           $2000.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $15.00 for the first book.  Overseas

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent