[Rarebooks] fs: Abraham Lincoln on Waterways

Back Creek Books rock at backcreekbooks.com
Mon Feb 23 08:32:38 EST 2009

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 10225 )  Meese, William A[ugustus]. ABRAHAM LINCOLN: INCIDENTS IN HIS
LIFE RELATING TO WATERWAYS [BINDER'S TITLE: ABRAHAM LINCOLN ON WATERWAYS].
(Moline, IL): (Desaulniers & Co., Printers), (1908). First printing,
Wrappers, Octavo, 53 pages, black and white plates. Very good, ex library.
      Uncommon booklet on Lincoln as a ferryman, boatbuilder, advocate of
waterway improvements, and believer in Captain John Ericsson's "monitor"
naval vessel. There is also information on Lincoln's visit to Niagara Falls,
his patent for "an improved method of lifting vessels over shoals," and his
arguments in the case of Hurd et al vs. Railroad Bridge Company (in which a
river steamer collided with a railroad bridge). Many interesting anecdotes.
MONAGHAN #1608. This copy deaccessioned from the Marietta College Library,
bearing a few minor labels, stamps, and other marks. Bound in printed brown
paper covers tied with a cord over a saddle-stapled binding. Small dampstain
to lower fore corner of a few initial pages. Covers show some shallow chips
and wear around edges....... $75.00
- Photo(s), secure ordering:
http://www.tomfolio.com/mall/backcreekbooks/bookdetails.asp?book=10225

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $5.00 for the first book, $1.25 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php