[Rarebooks] FS: Indian Atrocities During the Revolutionary War, 1867

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Fri Jul 3 14:25:05 EDT 2009

KNIGHT,  J.  & SLOVER, J.. INDIAN ATROCITIES.  NARRATIVES  OF  THE

PERILS   AND  SUFFERINGS  OF  ...   AMONG  THE  INDIANS,  DURING   THE

REVOLUTIONARY  WAR.... Cincinnati: U. P. James 1867. Sixth Edition. 72

pages.  Only  500  copies  printed  letterpress.  First  published  in

Philadelphia  in 1783 (one copy known) and again several times  within

the  next few years, with known copies restricted to a handful or  so.

This  edition  is  also rather scarce, especially in  this  condition:

entirely  in loose untrimmed and unopened signatures, never bound. The

"Memoir  of  John Slover" did not appear in the early editions but  is

present  herein.  Howes (K214) emphasizes the importance of this  work

in  the early history of the Ohio Valley. Clean and bright, about Fine

in original, unbound condition.                                $150.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.  Postage additional:  $10.00 for the first book, $5.00 each thereafter.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.  Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given.  Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and Limited Editions Club books.  We are celebrating our 22nd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.  Thank you.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent