[Rarebooks] FS: LEC Le Morte D'Arthur illustrated by Robert Gibbings

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Thu Jul 9 10:45:19 EDT 2009

 From our recently updated catalog of LIMITED EDITIONS CLUB books and
ephemera containing 601 items:

MALORY, Sir Thomas. LE MORTE D'ARTHUR. New York: Limited  Editions
Club  1936. Three tall quarto (7-3/4" x 12-3/4") volumes bound in half
blue  linen  and armorial-decorated boards. Illustrated with  handsome
wood  engravings by master engraver Robert Gibbings who also  designed
the  book.  Preface  of  William Caxton.  Edited,  with  spelling  and
punctuation  modernised, by A. W. Pollard. Copy #1205 of 1500  printed
at  the  Golden  Cockerel Press and SIGNED by the illustrator  on  the
colophon  page.  One of the finest productions of the press.  Tasteful
bookplates  on  each front pastedown. Splits to slipcase but  complete
and attractive. About Fine in a Good or better slipcase.       $450.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $15.00.  Overseas postage billed at

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent