[Rarebooks] FS: Signed by, among others, the first two men to walk on the moon

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Thu Jul 16 10:20:16 EDT 2009

On the 40th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11, we offer:

[ARMSTRONG, Neil; ALDRIN, Buzz; FORD, Gerald; et. al.] LEAR,  Moya
Olsen.  BILL  &  MOYA LEAR. AN UNFORGETTABLE FLIGHT.  Reno,  NV:  Jack
Bacon  & Co. 1996. First Edition. Bound in half black leather and blue
marbled  boards.  Illustrated with photographs. The story of the  Lear
Jet    written   by  the  widow  of   the  founder  in   a   personal,
autobiographical  manner.  Of  a total edition of 5000  copies,  there
were  26  lettered and signed copies and 20 Presentation copies  given
to  the signers. This is a Presentation Copy and is marked as such  on
the  colophon  page.  It is SIGNED by the author, Moya  Lear,  on  the
title  page, and on the half-title page it is SIGNED by the first  two
men  to  walk on the moon, Neil Armstrong and Buzz  Aldrin,  President
Gerald  Ford,  and test pilots Clay Long and Hank Beaird, who was  the
first  Lear  Jet pilot. In addition to creating the Lear Jet,  William
Lear  also  developed in 1930 the first working car radio, the  rights
which  he  sold  to  a company later called  Motorola.  An  impressive
collection of autographs. Fine, in the original slipcase.     $5000.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $10.00 for the first book, $5.00 each

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent