[Rarebooks] FS: Signed Limited Samuel Beckett: MURPHY, Publisher Barney Rosset's copy

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Tue Jul 21 11:21:46 EDT 2009

Today is the 50th anniversary of the court ruling that overturned
America’s obscenity laws.  The historic case began on 15 May 1959 when
Barney Rosset, publisher of Grove Press, sued the Post Office for
confiscating copies of the uncensored version of D. H. Lawrence’s 1928
novel “Lady Chatterley’s Lover,” which had long been banned for its
graphic sex scenes.  We offer Rosset's copy of the signed limited
edition of Samuel Beckett's MURPHY, a book he published.

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $10.00 for the first book, $5.00 each

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
610-682-4750
info at charlesagvent.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.charlesagvent.com