[Rarebooks] FS: Rochefort-Lucay's "La Propagande Republicaine" 3 vols. in 2 (circa 1880)

Karmbooks at aol.com Karmbooks at aol.com
Fri Mar 6 15:34:25 EST 2009

Rochefort-Lucay, Victor Henri de, Count. LA PROPAGANDE REPUBLICAINE. NAPOLEON
DERNIER. Les "Lanternes" de l’Empire. Illustrations par Andre Gill et Frid'
Rick. Paris: Librairie Anti-Clericale. N.d. (circa 1880-1882). 4to. 3 vols.
bound in 2. 334,(2);340;532pp. Illus. with numerous text wood engravings. Each
page within an ornamental border. Large vignettes on title pages. Cont. green
morocco over marbled boards, bottom edges rubbed. Bookplates on front pastedowns
of the noted Yorkshire book collector Edward Hailstone, and also Archibald
Philip, Earl of Rosebury.     $275.00 (trade discount allowed)
"La Propagande Republicaine" appears only on the title page of Vol. I. This
work was originally published serially in "La Lanterne D’Henri Rochefort" in 75
installments, the last one appearing Nov. 6, 1869. Our edition was published
in 151 8-page "parts."

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com