[Rarebooks] fs: Early bartender's guide

Back Creek Books rock at backcreekbooks.com
Fri Mar 13 13:07:01 EDT 2009

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 10563 )  Thomas, Jerry (1825-1885). THE BAR-TENDER'S GUIDE, OR HOW TO
MIX ALL KINDS OF PLAIN AND FANCY DRINKS.
New York: Dick & Fitzgerald, Publishers, (1887). Original cloth, Sixteenmo,
130 pages + ads. Near fine.
      Enlarged edition of the original drink mixing guide, originally
published in 1862. Thomas was the principal bartender at the Metropolitan
Hotel in New York and the Planters' House in St. Louis. In addition to an
opening section on general hints and rules for bartenders, there are "clear
and reliable directions for mixing all the beverages used in the United
States, together with the most popular British, French, German, Italian,
Russian, and Spanish recipes; embracing punches, juleps, cobblers, etc.,
etc., in endless variety." Bound in original rust colored cloth over boards
with upper board stamped in black, lower board stamped in blind. Endpapers
browned. Minor wear to extremities....... $350.00
- Photo(s), secure ordering:
http://www.tomfolio.com/mall/backcreekbooks/bookdetails.asp?book=10563

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $5.00 for the first book, $1.25 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php