[Rarebooks] FS: 3 illustrated works printed in Cologne in 1650, bound together

Karmbooks at aol.com Karmbooks at aol.com
Mon Nov 16 15:20:18 EST 2009

Andries, Jodocus. PERPETUA CRUX, Sive Passio Jesu Christi... Cologne:
Constantinum Munich. 1650. 12mo. 96pp. Copper engraved illustration on the title
page and 40 numbered large engravings in the text. BOUND WITH: Andries,
Jodocus. ALTERA PERPETUA CRUX Jesu Christi a Fine Vitae Usque ad Finem Mundi...
Cologne: Constantinum Munich. 1650. 96pp. With 40 numbered large copper
engravings in the text. BOUND WITH: Bonnefons, Amable. BEICHT-UND COMMUNION
SPIEGEL... Cologne: Constantino Munich. 1650. 72pp. Copper engraved vignette on
title and text with 8 fine   large engravings. The three works bound
together in cont. vellum, spine rubbed and with some small pieces of vellum abraded
away.     $1,250.00 (trade discount allowed)
I: This is the third edition, after editions in 1648 and 1649, but the
first to have copper engraved illustrations. Woodcuts are found in the earlier
editions. The plates are after A. Sallaerts, engraved by J. C. Jeghers. See
Backer-Sommervogel I, column 376. BL German 17th c. STC #A680.
II: This separately published second part, is the second edition, after the
1649 first. It was not seen (recorded) by Backer-Sommervogel and is not in
the BL German 17th c. STC. The 40 plates found in this second part are the
same that are found in the first part.
III. Very scarce German translation of the author's "Pratique Spirituelle
pour se Bien Confesser et Communier." The plates are likely by J. C. Jeghers.
Only 1 copy is recorded in OCLC. Backer-Sommervogel I, column 1742. Not in
the BL German 17th c. STC.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com