[Rarebooks] FS: "The First Part of the Institutes of the Lawes of England" London: 1633

Karmbooks at aol.com Karmbooks at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 12:43:38 EDT 2009

(LAW) Coke, Sir Edward and Sir Thomas Littleton. THE FIRST PART OF THE
INSTITUTES OF THE LAWES OF ENGLAND: or a Commentary Upon Littleton, Not the Name
of a Lawyer Only, But of the Law It Self. The Third Edition, Corrected.
London: Printed by M. F. I. H. and R. T. Assignes of I. More. 1633. Folio.
ff.(5),395,(32). Index. Title within an ornamental woodcut border. Illustrated
with 2 copper engraved plates, a portrait of Coke (the frontispiece) and a
portrait of Littleton, and a large folding woodcut genealogical table. Cont.,
calf, a bit worn & rubbed, small (1/2") splits at top & bottom of front
hinge, but holding soundly. 2 leaves stained at top of fore-margin, 1 with a
small hole in a blank area. A few leaves of index with a faded water stain.
Some leaves with contemporary marginal notes and minor underling. Recto of
frontispiece with lined out ownership signatures.     $1,500.00 (trade discount
allowed)
STC #15786 (under Littleton, Sir Thomas).

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com