[Rarebooks] FS: Monroe Wheeler's copy of TO RUSSIA WITH FROST

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sun Sep 13 15:33:03 EDT 2009

One of many uncommon Robert Frost items on our home page:
http://www.charlesagvent.com

  [FROST, Robert] ADAMS, Frederick B., Jr. TO RUSSIA WITH FROST [Monroe
Wheeler's Copy]. Boston: The Club of Odd Volumes, 1963. First Edition.
Cloth-backed boards; 41, [2] pages. Illustrated with a frontispiece
portrait of Frost, photographs, and two small wood engravings by Thomas
Nason made for this publication and printed from the original blocks.
One of 500 copies printed by Jospeh Blumenthal at the Spiral Press. This
copy with Monroe Wheeler's bookplate on the front endpaper and a
Christmas card from Adams with a handwritten note to Wheeler pasted to
the front pastedown along with the envelope simply addressed to
"Monroe." In addition there is a small note laid in by a previous seller
stating that Ann Adams, daughter of Fred, said that most copies were
badly damaged when stored. Fine in slipcase, as issued. $250.00

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book, $5.00 each

info at charlesagvent.com