[Rarebooks] FS: SIGNED Christmas Card from Peter Rabbit author, Beatrix Potter, price reduced

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sat Dec 18 10:59:37 EST 2010

Price reduced:    Was $3500.00      Now $2500.00

POTTER, Beatrix. CHRISTMAS CARD INSCRIBED AND SIGNED. A small (3-1/2" x
4-3/4") Christmas card in the form of a string-tied chapbook of stiff
covers with a color illustration on the front (not by Potter) and two
leaves inside with printing on the recto of one leaf containing
Christmas Greetings with a quote by Leith Gordon. Beneath that in
Beatrix Potter's hand SIGNED by her with her married name is the
following: "W & Beatrix Heelis/It is pleasant to think of friends/in a
sad time - we are well, but/old & tired-." Though the name of the
recipient is not written by Potter, this was part of a lot of three
cards from the estate of Bertha Mahony Miller, founder of HORN BOOK
MAGAZINE and an important figure in the fight for the idea that
children's books should be taken more seriously. She was also a close
friend of Beatrix Potter and a champion of her books. Near Fine.
$2,500.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 23rd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com