[Rarebooks] FS: Manby's collection of statutes from the reigns of Charles I & Charles II. London: 1667

karmbooks at aol.com karmbooks at aol.com
Tue Dec 28 12:43:06 EST 2010

(LAW) Manby, Thomas. A COLLECTION OF THE STATUTES Made in the Reigns of
King Charles I, and King Charles II. With the Abridgement of Such As
Stand Repealed or Expired... London: John Streater et al. 1667. Folio.
(16),325,(7)pp. With the large woodcut British coat-of-arms opposite
the title. Cont. calf, nicely rebacked, with red morocco spine label.
With the contemporary signature of "Thomas Weeley" on the front free
endpaper. Some occasional light soiling. Last leaf chipped at lower
margin (no text loss).  $500.00 (trade discount allowed)
There are two issues of this work. Wing catalogs them under "England.
Laws, Statutes." Ours is Wing E898. The other, Wing E898A (much less
common) has an added supplement.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com