[Rarebooks] FS: Very scarce work on the reign of James I. London: 1608

Karmbooks at aol.com Karmbooks at aol.com
Mon May 3 16:25:28 EDT 2010

Rosa, Thomas. IDAEA, SIVE DE JACOBI MAGNAE BRITANNIAE, GALLIAE ET
HYBERNIAE, Praestantissimi & Augustissimi Regis, Virtutibus & Ornamentis, Dilucida
Ennaratio, Eiusque cum Laudatissimis Veterum Regibus, Monarchis &
Imperatoribus, Camparatio Exacta & Enucleata. London: [Richard Field for] Johannes
Norton. 1608. First edition. Sm. 8vo. (6),330pp. Woodcut arms of James I on verso
of title. Numerous woodcut head & tail pieces and intials. 18th c. calf,
elaborately gilt tooled spine with red calf label and initials "B.P." at head
of spine. Both covers with gilt embossed arms of Charles Philip Theodore of
Sulzbach, Duke of Bavaria (1742-1799). Preliminary blank with ownership
signature of the bibliographer, E. Gordon Duff, dated 1915. First blank present,
the final blank lacking.     $2,000.00 (trade discount allowed)
A very scarce work on the reign of James I. STC 21317.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com