[Rarebooks] FS: Signed by Egyptian Presidents Nasser & Naguib

Karmbooks at aol.com Karmbooks at aol.com
Fri May 28 12:45:30 EDT 2010

Murrow, Edward R. and Edward P. Morgan (ed's).     [in Arabic]... THIS I
BELIEVE. Cairo: Franklin Publications. 1953. Approx. 200pp. Arabic text. Orig.
printed green & gold wrappers. This copy signed by Egyptian Presidents
Mohammed Naguib and Jamal [i.e. Gamal] Abdel Nasser, both in English and in
Arabic, dated Cairo 9/11/1953. Housed in a cloth folder and slipcase.
$850.00
This was the first book to be published by the nonprofit Franklin
Publications, whose mission was to expose American books to Arabic readers. THIS I
BELIEVE, in this special Arabic edition, contained 25 original statements by
American contributors and 25 new statements by distinguished leaders of the
Arab world. President Naguib of Egypt was the first Arabic contributor.
Naguib was the first President of Egypt (June 18, 1953 to Nov. 14, 1954). In 1954
Nasser forced Naguib to resign and took over as President of Egypt until
his death in 1970.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com