[Rarebooks] FS: First Edition of Thoreau's WALDEN, price reduced

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Wed Oct 6 12:46:14 EDT 2010

  Price reduced:  Was  $7500.00   Now  $6500.00

Among the many fine items to be included in our American
Transcendentalists: Emerson and Thoreau catalog, most of which will
consist of new arrivals including much signed material.

THOREAU, Henry David. WALDEN. Boston: Ticknor & Fields, 1854. First
Edition. Rebound around the turn of the twentieth century by Crombie &
Lamothe in 3/4 brown morocco and marbled paper boards with five raised
bands and gilt ruling and lettering, matching marbled paper used as
pastedowns and endpapers. The original cloth covers and spine, in very
nice condition with gilt still bright, bound at rear, though the
eight-page publisher's catalogue has not been bound in. Engraved title
page and map inserted. There is a marginal dampstain in the outer top
and bottom corners throughout, except on the map, rarely just touching
the text but mostly not affecting any text. Small, neat bookplate of
Abram Joseph Abeloff on the front endpaper. Very minor rubbing to
joints. Very Good or better in an attractive binding.         $6,500.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 22nd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com