[Rarebooks] FS: FIVE YEARS OF A HUNTER'S LIFE IN THE FAR INTERIOR OF SOUTH AFRICA, 1850, illustrated, price reduced

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Fri Oct 15 09:07:59 EDT 2010

  Price reduced:  Was  $350.00   Now  $250.00

CUMMING, Roualeyn Gordon. FIVE YEARS OF A HUNTER'S LIFE IN THE FAR
INTERIOR OF SOUTH AFRICA. WITH NOTICES OF THE NATIVE TRIBES AND
ANECDOTES OF THE CHASE OF THE LION, ELEPHANT, HIPPOPOTAMUS, GIRAFFE,
RHINOCEROS, &C. London: John Murray, 1850. Second Edition. Two octavo
volumes (5-1/4" x 8-1/4") in the publisher's gilt-decorated brown cloth
with a design of a hunter standing over a dead lion, rebacked with tan
modern morocco and new endpapers. Illustrated with two engraved title
pages and 16 full-page engravings including a map. Mild edgewear. A Near
Fine set.         $250.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 22nd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com