[Rarebooks] FS: Head's ROUGH NOTES TAKEN DURING SOME RAPID JOURNEYS ACROSS THE PAMPAS AND AMONG THE ANDES, 1826, mining and atrocities, price reduced

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sat Oct 16 14:28:48 EDT 2010

  Price reduced:  Was  $100.00   Now  $65.00

HEAD, Captain F. B. ROUGH NOTES TAKEN DURING SOME RAPID JOURNEYS ACROSS
THE PAMPAS AND AMONG THE ANDES. London: John Murray, 1826. Second
Edition. Small octavo (4-3/4" x 7-5/8") in contemporary half calf with
marbled boards and calf corners. Interesting notes of a mine inspector.
Sabin 31134: "Description of the life of the savage Guvenos, and the
fearful atrocities of the Salteadores." Pencil annotations scattered
throughout by previous owner are of some interest also. Minor spotting
to text; small section clipped off top of title page not affecting text.
Rubbing along spine edges with minor split. Very Good.         $65.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 22nd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com