[Rarebooks] FS: Walton's THE COMPLEAT ANGLER illustrated with ORIGINAL FULL-PAGE ETCHINGS

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Wed Sep 1 12:10:36 EDT 2010

   From a short list of recently uploaded books by the Limited Editions
Club.  We carry the world's largest inventory of LECs for sale with
nearly all titles available at any given time.  If you don't see it on
our website,

http://www.charlesagvent.com

ask, as we carry hundreds of LECs we have yet to catalog and are always
in the process of acquiring them.

WALTON, Izaak. THE COMPLEAT ANGLER; OR, THE CONTEMPLATIVE MAN'S
RECREATION: BEING A DISCOURSE OF FISH AND FISHING FOR THE PERUSAL OF
ANGLERS. New York: Limited Editions Club, 1948. Beautifully designed and
illustrated small folio (9" x 13") bound with a white vellum spine
stamped in gilt and decorated boards. With instructions on "How to Angle
for a Trout or Grayling in a Clear Stream" by Charles Cotton and with an
introduction by James Russell Lowell. Illustrated with several ORIGINAL
FULL-PAGE ETCHINGS and photogravures by Douglas Gorsline. Copy #1307 of
1500 numbered copies SIGNED by the artist on the colophon page. Monthly
Letter laid in. Typical darkening to the vellum spine with two small
scratches. Near Fine in a Very Good slipcase with minor splits.
$200.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 22nd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com