[Rarebooks] Announcement: The Spring Toronto Book Fair and Paper Show

William Van Nest trilliumbooks at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 21 00:57:55 EDT 2011

The 43rd Semi-Annual Toronto Book Fair and Paper Show will be held at the St. Lawrence Market (North Building),
located at 92 Front Street East, corner of Jarvis Street, Toronto, on Sunday 1 May 2011, from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM.

Dealers from Ontario and Quebec will display and offer for sale a variety of old, rare, and out-of-print books, maps, prints,
photographs, postcards, and ephemera. Admission is $5.00. (In good weather you will also find an unpredictable jumble of things, and
not just books and their allies, for sale across the street and in the immediate vicinity of the Market... sometimes in bad weather, too.)

At the Trillium Antiquarian Books' stall you will find, for example, several titles from the fly-fishing collection;
plates from Bruce's Cartes et Figures du Voyage en Nubie, etc.; a large 17th century map of eastern North America;
a handsomely bound copy of The Celebrated Jumping Frog, Twain's first book;
a  16th century political tract from the birth of the Dutch Republic; a lovely copy of Swan's The British Architect (1758);
both volumes of Verse and Reverse by the Toronto Women's Press Club (1921);
Robertson's Landmark's of Toronto; and Meinertzhagen's Birds of Arabia.

Venture a look at our offerings on the Trillium Antiquarian Books web site. If you locate a title you are especially interested
to examine, drop me a note, and I'll make a point of bringing the book or other item to the Fair.

Queries for directions to the site or other matters can be directed to the organizers, Heritage Antique Shows (416.483.6471),
or to me at Trillium Antiquarian Books.

It should be worth getting up early that Sunday morning.

William Van Nest

Trillium Antiquarian Books, IOBA
1285 Albertus Avenue
Peterborough, ON  K9J 6A4