[Rarebooks] FS: Bruce Rogers: THE HISTORY OF OLIVER AND ARTHUR, 1/350 copies, this with a letter from the publisher

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Thu Apr 28 10:46:05 EDT 2011

One of the 60 fine new arrivals posted this week on our website as part
of our SPRING MISCELLANY catalog.  See them all here:
http://www.charlesagvent.com

[ROGERS, Bruce]. THE HISTORY OF OLIVER AND ARTHUR. (Cambridge):
(Houghton Mifflin), 1903. First Edition. Imperial octavo bound in
contemporary red half morocco and black boards with marbled endpapers.
Copy #245 of 330 designed by Bruce Rogers and printed at the Riverside
Press in double columns of red and black letter on Arnold handmade paper
with upward of 50 engravings redrawn from the woodcuts that appeared in
the original of this medieval romance written in French in 1511,
translated into German by Wilhelm Liely in 1521, and here rendered into
English by William Leighton and Eliza Barrett. Laid in is a two-page
typed letter from the publisher dated 1904 describing and offering the
book. Spine darkened, gilt still bright. Near Fine in a Very Good
example of the original slipcase with a paper label on the spine.
     $200.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 23rd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com