[Rarebooks] FS: SHOREBIRDS OF NORTH AMERICA, 1/350 copies SIGNED by Peter Matthiessen and three others, price reduced

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Thu Aug 25 10:35:21 EDT 2011

Price reduced:    Was $600   Now  $500:

MATTHIESSEN, Peter. SHOREBIRDS OF NORTH AMERICA. New York: Viking Press,
(1967). First Edition. Folio (10" x 14") bound in full brown leather
with marbled endpapers. The deluxe edition of this landmark book on
shorebirds, beautifully illustrated with color plates. This is copy #253
of 350 SIGNED by editor Gardner Stout, illustrator Robert Verity Clem,
Ralph Palmer who provided species accounts, and Matthiessen who wrote
the text. Light rubbing to the leather, mostly the spine tips and
corners. Very Good or better copy, lacking the slipcase. (#010560)
     $500.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 23rd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com