[Rarebooks] FS: Contributor's Copy (Michael McCurdy) of Uncommon CHELONIIDAE PRESS book: HPM: HAROLD PATRICK McGRATH

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sat Jan 15 11:29:56 EST 2011

One of many fine items from our recent catalog--WINTER MISCELLANY
2010--with 56 select items, all new arrivals.  See it on our home page:

http://www.charlesagvent.com

(CHELONIIDAE PRESS). HPM: HAROLD PATRICK McGRATH... (Cheloniidae Press),
(1991). First Edition. Quarto (8" x 11") bound in marbled boards.
Illustrated with wood engravings and an original etching. Copy #XXXVI of
100 from a total edition of 210 copies printed to commemorate the 50th
anniversary of the printing career of McGrath, Master Printer for the
Gehenna, Pennyroyal, and Cheloniidae presses. Contributors include
Leonard Baskin, Carol Blinn, Barbara Blumenthal, David Bourbeau, Dan
Carr, Sarah Chamberlain, Bruce Chandler, Claudia Cohen, Fritz
Eichenberg, David Godine, Ron Gordon, Lance Hidy, Michael McCurdy, Barry
Moser, Arno Werner. Color photograph by Ned Gray of McGrath inserted at
rear. SIGNED on the colophon page by publisher Alan James Robinson and
McGrath Laid in is a 4-page insert titled "The Party/Williamsburg,
Massachusetts/June 8, 1991," SIGNED by 28 of those connected with the
production of this tribute including some of the luminaries of fine
printing such as Barry Moser, Michael McCurdy, and Carol Blinn. This is
Michael McCurdy's copy with a letter to him from the publisher about how
they printed his contribution in the book. Also included is a letter
from the publisher addressed to all of the participants. Fine.
$600.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 23rd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com