[Rarebooks] FS: Robert Southey's copy of "The Life and Death of Henrietta Maria de Bourbon"

karmbooks at aol.com karmbooks at aol.com
Thu Jan 27 12:45:44 EST 2011

THE LIFE AND DEATH OF HENRIETTA MARIA DE BOURBON, Queen to That Blessed
King & Martyr, Charles I. Mother to His Late Glorious Majesty of Happy
Memory, K. Charles II. And to Our Present Most Gracious Soveraign James
II. King of England, Scotland, France, and Ireland, Etc. London:
Printed for Dorman Newman. 1685. 12mo. (8),108pp. Plus (6)pp.
publisher's ads. Woodcut headpiece with 3 royal devices. Later (circa
1800) straight grained brown morocco with elaborately gilt tooled spine
& dentelles. With the signature of "R. Southey, Bristol. 1802" at head
of title page and his wood engraved bookplate on the verso of the
title. One text page with his autograph notes. A very scarce book,
unfortunately lacking the portrait which is called for. $500.00 (trade
discount allowed)
Wing L1995.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com