[Rarebooks] Offered: Some minor arts as practiced in England 1894

Nina W. Matheson matheson at boo.net
Fri Jul 22 13:19:48 EDT 2011

Friends and Colleagues

Offered for your consideration:

Some minor arts as practiced in England. London, Seeley and Co.
Limited, 1894..Original gold-stamped green cloth, bevelled edges,
t.e.g. Folio. Lightly rubbed, otherwise fine, bright. First edition.
82 pp. Includes a section on English bookbindings by W. Y. Fletcher
divided into three parts: I. The Middle Ages to the Reign of Queen
Elizabeth. II. Elizabeth to Charles I: with some notices of earlier
Royal Bindings. III. King. Charles to the Present Time. The Fletcher
section is illustrated with 6 pp. of color plates of bindings, plus
illustrations in the text. The book also treats English work in
impressed horn, Old English pottery, Old English fruit trenchers,
English effigies in wood, and English enamels.  (65498)
$150.00.  Usual trade terms. Postpaid in the U.S.

William & Nina Matheson Books, Inc., ABAA/ILAB
4701 Willard Ave.  Suite 704    Chevy Chase, MD 20815-4609
Website: http://www.mathesonbooks.com
E-mail: matheson at boo.net or mathesonbooks at gmail.com
Voice: 301-718-7911
Members: Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America (ABAA),
International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB), & Washington
Antiquarian Booksellers Association (WABA)
Specialties:  Books about Books, Poetry, Literary Press Books, 19th &
20th Century literature